Yes! Users are able to add .gif to posts. Here is how;
- On giphy.com, click on the selected GIF.
- Once you click on the selected GIF, you will be directed to the GIF detail page.
- Click “< > Embed” located on the right-hand side of the GIF.
- From there, you will be presented with two embed options via the GIPHY Embed Player:
- Select the “Responsive Off” switch for the iFrame embed version.
- Select the “Responsive On” switch for the HTML5 embed version
5. Paste the code into your post and publish!
To post the Giphy,
At the beginning, include <html> <body>. Include the "embed code" of the giphy you want to add to the post. Add /html> and /body> at the end.
Here's an example:
<div style="width:100%;height:0;padding-bottom:100%;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/p2J2OMrBI6ErC" width="100%" height="100%" style="position:absolute" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe></div><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/zootopia-p2J2OMrBI6ErC">via GIPHY</a></p>