What is it?
With Customer Lifecycle Stages, accounts will be automatically segmented into Leads, Prospects, and Customers across the Vendasta platform. This automatic segmentation makes it easier than ever to see and group accounts based on where they are in your sales process.
Why is it important?
Segmenting by lifecycle stages allows you to better understand and interact with a customer depending on where they are in their buying journey, and powering lifecycle stages through Vendasta's Automations allows for this to happen with the minimum number of clicks.
Some ways to utilize lifecycle segmentation include:
- sending email campaigns targeted to different lifecycle stages
- changing sales cadence to match where a customer is in the funnel
- notifying salespeople of different user activities depending on whether they are current customers or not
When will it get released?
The core functionality of our Customer Lifecycle Stages is targeted for release in the early spring of 2022. There will be a number of small releases around this date that will affect how lifecycle stages are populated and how you can interact with them as a Channel Partner.
How does it work?
Vendasta has set up a default group of built-in Automations that will segment accounts based on key actions.
- When an account is created, it will be marked as a Lead.
- When an Opportunity is created on an account in the Lead lifecycle stage, the account will be moved to the Prospect lifecycle stage
- When a paid product is activated on an account, the lifecycle stage is set to Customer.
Customizing Lifecycle Stage
If the default built-in Automation criteria to set lifecycle stages do not match how you would like to segment accounts, the built-in Automation can be unpublished and your own unique criteria can be created!
Setting a lifecycle stage is available as an Automation step and can be included in any Automation workflow.
More information on editing built-in automations can be found in our resource article on built-in automations.