What is it?
With Customer Lifecycle Stages, accounts will be automatically segmented into Leads, Prospects, and Customers in Partner Center and Sales and Success Center. This makes it easy to automatically serve customers based on where they are in your sales process.
Why is it important?
Segmenting by lifecycle stages allows you to better interact with a customer depending on where they are in their buying journey, and powering lifecycle stages through Vendasta's Automations allows for this to happen with the minimum number of clicks.
Some ways to utilize lifecycle segmentation include:
- sending one email campaign targeted to Leads and another targeted to Prospects
- notifying salespeople when a Lead logs into business app, but not when a Customer logs in
- activate express products when a Lead becomes a Prospect
How does it work?
Vendasta has set up a default group of built-in Automations that will segment accounts based on key actions.
- When an account is created, it will be marked as a Lead.
- When an Opportunity is created on an account in the Lead lifecycle stage, the account will be moved to the Prospect lifecycle stage
- When a product is purchased for an account and you are successfully billed the wholesale cost, the lifecycle stage is set to Customer.
Customizing Lifecycle Stage
If the default built-in Automation criteria to set lifecycle stages do not match how you would like to segment accounts, the built-in Automation can be unpublished and your own unique criteria can be created!
Setting a lifecycle stage is available as an Automation step and can be included in any Automation workflow.
More information on editing built-in automations can be found in our resource article on built-in automations.