Skip to main content
How do I make Instagram a Business or Professional Account?
If your Instagram posts in Social Marketing are failing with the error message "user is not an Instagram business," these steps will help you make it a Business or Professional Account:
- Log in to the Instagram mobile app.
- Go to your Profile.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right-hand corner of your profile page.
- Click "Settings" at the bottom of the page.
- Click on "Accounts."
- Click on "Switch to Professional Account."
- Disconnect the Instagram account in Social Marketing and reconnect it.
- In Social Marketing for the account, retry any failed posts.
Stay informed about Vendasta's new releases and disruption notices
Kickstart your path with Vendasta through our free Certification
Join discussions, browse solutions and get tips from the experts
Read reference documentation and guides for API’s and SDKs
Getting Started, Build your Store, AI Social Marketing