For many local businesses, a viable tactic to adapt to the changing business climate is to transition to online business by setting up a simple online store. This can be as basic as providing an option to purchase a gift card that customers can redeem for services later.
For your customers with Website Pro or another WordPress hosting solution, we recommend WooCommerce. The following steps outline the basic process of setting up WooCommerce on your client’s WordPress website.
Setting up and installing WooCommerce
- Go to WooCommerce.com and set up an account by selecting Log in with WordPress.com
- For Website Pro users, log in with the Vendasta account you use to manage your client’s site
- For clients with other WordPress hosting solutions, log in with an existing WordPress account
- Follow the steps. When prompted, select to Auto-Install WooCommerce
- In another tab, access your client’s WordPress dashboard. Ensure that your client’s WordPress site is up to date.
- In the left menu select Plugins > Add New
- Search for the WooCommerce Plugin and Install it (this will take a minute)
- Once installed, click to Activate the WooCommerce plugin
- Once activated, the WooCommerce Setup Wizard will appear. You and/or your client can walk through these steps to begin setting up the store
- Note that the Wizard can be re-run any time from within any section of WooCommerce that has Help by selecting Help > Setup Wizard and clicking Setup Wizard.
Completing the Setup Wizard will require you or your client to input information about their location, currency, and preferred payment and shipping methods.
Once setup has been completed, your client can begin populating their store with the products and services that they offer. To learn more about the setup process, consult WooCommerce's online documentation and tutorials.