Vendasta Marketplace optimizes how digital products are sold to local businesses. Instantly take new products to market, consolidate your vendor relationships, and provide immediate value from a single customer login.
Steps to building your Store
- Discover and start selling Marketplace products
- Configure your product settings and prices
- Add your own products
- Create and configure packages
- Customize and share your store
Discover and start selling Marketplace products
A diverse marketing stack will help you grow your revenue faster. With Vendasta’s Marketplace, you can start reselling products and services from different marketing categories within minutes. Each product comes with all the materials your team needs to get started. And the best part is that it won’t cost you anything until you make a sale!
Check out Discover Products in the Marketplace
Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Discover Products. Click into some of the products that look interesting to you and look to see if they have any add-ons, what screenshots and files they have available, and what help resources they have. You don’t need to be an expert on every product or look through every option, but knowing how to navigate and find the resources you need will help when it comes to adding new products or answering client questions.
Add products to your store by clicking "Start selling"
There is no cost to you when you start selling a product. This simply makes the product available in your store, makes its details available to your salespeople in the Sales & Success Center, and allows a Partner Center Admin to activate it for a customer once sold.
To start selling a product:
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Discover Products.
- Browse or search for products you want to start selling. You can filter your search by category using the navigation tabs. Click on a product to view its Product Details page.
When viewing the Product Details page for a product, click Start selling to add it to your store at its suggested retail price. You can change its price or remove it from your store at any time under Marketplace > Products.
- Any editions or add-ons of the product will be immediately available for you to sell as well.
Products you’re selling can be viewed and managed at any time from Partner Center > Marketplace > Products.
Configure your product settings and prices
When you start selling a product, it will automatically be added to your store at its suggested retail price. You can change its price or remove it from your store at any time under Marketplace > Products.
If you have Multiple Markets, products you start selling will be added to your store in each market. If you don’t want to show a product in your store in certain markets, you can change its availability per market while viewing the product’s page in Marketplace > Products on its Available in Store section.
Products you’re selling will appear in your Public Store (which you can preview in Marketplace > Manage Store) and Business App > Store.
Each product and add-on has settings that can be configured. After clicking on Marketplace > Products you can click on any product you wish to configure and click on Product info. From here you can do the following:
- Change retail pricing. Click the lock icon to change the default retail price and frequency. (Note that changing retail billing frequency does not affect wholesale billing.)
- Toggle automatic activation behavior on or off for Standard products.
- Set white-label branding for applicable products. You can change the name and the icon for products that are able to be white labeled.
- Configure an upgrade path for Standard products.
Add your own products
You can sell your own products and services and bundle them into your packages alongside Marketplace products. To create a basic product, one with a simple billing configuration and ready to add your store and packages right away, the steps are simple:
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Products
- Click Create product in the top right
- Set your product name
- Choose if it is a product or service
- Add an image (this will be the circle icon for how it will appear in a package)
- Choose your billing frequency (either one-time or subscription; subscription will be monthly or yearly)
- Note your cost (this is for your reference and does not affect purchase behavior)
- Set your retail price
- Add a marketing description
- Add any key selling points
- Publish to store
If your product requires additional configuration, add-ons, integrations, or more, then you can continue editing the product in Vendor Center. Check out this guide for creating products in Vendor Center.
Create and configure packages
You can create your own custom packages or add a recommended package to your store. Recommended packages are bundles of products that Vendasta has curated to work well together.
Add a recommended package to your Store
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Packages.
- Click on the Recommended Packages tab.
- Browse or search for packages you want to add to your Store. If you need further details about the package, click on the package card.
- Once you’ve found a package you want to sell, click Add to Store on the package card, or click Copy on the Package Details page.
- Review and edit the package information as needed. If you have multiple Markets, select a Market to publish the package in. The product will not appear in Markets that are not selected.
- Click Save and publish to make the package available for sale immediately. To continue working on the package at a later time, click Save as draft. Draft packages can be published at any time from the Packages tab.
Create your own custom packages
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Packages.
- Click Create Package.
- Name your package. This name will be displayed to customers in your public store and Business App.
Click + Add product or service to choose what you want to include in the package.
Only products you're selling will appear in this list.
A product’s retail price will be automatically entered into the Retail Price column. This is the price your customers will see in your public store Business App.
- Add a setup fee to products if applicable. This is a one-time fee added to the package price.
- Change a retail price by entering a new value into the Retail Price field on any line item in the Package Contents.
- If you haven’t set a retail price for a product in Marketplace > Products yet, it will default to the Vendor's Suggested Retail Price (USD, CAD, and AUD only).
- Rearrange package contents by clicking and dragging an individual line item above or below others. Remove items from the package by clicking the X on the line item.
Edit the package's Purchase behavior to change what happens when customers click the Get it Now button on your package in the Public Store or the Store tab in Business App.
- Select Add to Shopping Cart to allow customers to add the package to their Shopping Cart when they click Get it Now
- Select Contact Sales to launch a contact form when customers click Get it Now
- Select External URL to specify a URL to redirect your customer to when they click Get it Now
Review the package's retail price and wholesale cost. Note that the retail price is the sum of the prices set for the individual products.
- The displayed price of a package can be modified by selecting Show as Starting At price (to indicate that prices may change based on certain factors) or selecting Show Contact Sales instead of price (to hide the total price of the package). We recommend using either of these settings with the Purchase behavior set to the Contact Form option, as these settings make a package incompatible with the Shopping Cart.
Add any relevant marketing content (optional):
- Click on any of the fields in the Marketing Material preview to begin editing
- Click Save under the field you're editing to save your changes
- If you are adding a single product to a package, the package will automatically use the product's marketing material.
Depending on how you intend to market a package, you can choose to show or hide the names and product-specific details of products within the package using the Show product icons and names and Show product details options.
- When the Show product icons and names setting is off for a package, invoices created for or including the package will not show the products contained in the package as line items—only the package name and the total price of the package will be displayed
Click Publish to make the package available for sale immediately. To continue working on the package at a later time, click Save Draft. Draft packages can be published at any time from the Marketplace > Packages tab.
Your published packages will appear in your Public Store (which you can preview in Marketplace > Manage Store) and Business App > Store.
For a detailed breakdown of building your own custom package, check out this resource.
You can preview your packages to test how they will look in your public store and Business App.
To preview a package:
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Packages.
- Click the Menu icon on the package card.
- Click Preview.
Customize and share your store
Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Manage Store and go through the different sections to customize your store.
You can share your Store outside of Business App by embedding it on your webpage or sharing a direct link.
Public Store has your store's URL and can generate a code to embed your store on your website.
Contact Form allows you to choose a salesperson who will receive email notifications when prospects browsing your store reach out for more information.
Categories will allow you to rearrange packages and tabs in your store. You can drag categories around, hide them, rename them, or create custom categories.
Currency allows you to set your store currency. Note that your wholesale currency is determined by your contract with Vendasta (so it’s possible to sell products in a different currency than you are being billed). You can only have one currency per market.
Theme allows you to customize the colors of your store page.
Embed and share your Store
To embed your Store on your website:
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Manage Store.
- Click Public Store.
- If you would like customers viewing your embedded Public Store to be able to create their own account and sign in, copy the Embed Code (with Sign In). Otherwise, copy the standard Embed Code.
- Use your website's HTML editor to embed the code.
Whenever you add new products or packages to your Store, they will automatically appear in your Public Store as well.
To share a direct link to your Store, simply copy the URL found in this section and include it on your website, a button in your email signature, or within an email marketing campaign.
Set your store currency
Your store's currency is used to set and display the retail prices of products and packages and is the currency used for accepting payments when customers purchase something from your store.
- Go to Partner Center > Marketplace > Manage Store
- Under the Currency tab, you can see the currency your Store displays prices in. If you've already set up Vendasta Payments, ensure that your store's currency matches one of the currencies that you're able to accept payments in.
- Adjust your Store’s currency by clicking the lock icon to make changes.
- Click Save to finish.
If your store uses a currency other than USD, CAD, or AUD, you can also set a currency conversion rate when you choose your store’s currency. When you start selling a product, this rate will be used to automatically set the product’s price based on its suggested retail price in USD.
You'll also have the option to use this conversion rate to convert the prices of any products you're selling that don't already have a retail price set in the currency you've chosen. You'll only need to use this option if your store already contains multiple products using a suggested retail price in an incorrect currency for your store. Note that this conversion will not affect the prices of any products that you've already set a retail price for.
Customize your store's appearance
You can match your Store's appearance to your website by opening the Theme section and editing the following settings:
- Logo bar: the top section containing your logo and Sign in and Create an account buttons
- If your website has a distinctive or multicolored background, you can set your Store's background to be completely transparent
- Accent: used for button text and the indicator of the product category tabs
- Primary font: used for package and product category names and descriptions
- Secondary font: used for the price information of a package
- Each change you make will automatically update the Store preview. When you’ve perfected your store’s appearance, click Save to save your settings.