What is it?
You can now add your own custom guides to the Guides section of the Business App using a WordPress blog.
Why is it important?
You can show tailor-made content directly to your customers with custom guides powered by WordPress. This can include anything from help articles to talk tracks to sales pitches.
How does it work?
Adding your WordPress blog's URL
- Go to Partner Center > Administration > Customize.
- Expand the Business App Settings section, then check the Pull guides from the WordPress checkbox.
- Enter your WordPress blog URL.
Note: This URL is often different from the homepage of your WordPress website. These will generally take the form of https://www.yoursite.com/blog. This can be found by navigating to the blog on your site.
- Optional - Enter any tag IDs you wish to filter to. Only blogs that contain one or more of the tag IDs entered will display in Business App.
Note: Tag IDs are the numerical values assigned to your tags in WordPress. For details, see Find your tag IDs?
- Optional - Check the Embed title in the first article image checkbox. This will showcase the title on the first image within the blog.
- Click Apply Changes.
Your blog will now be used as the source of guides in the Business App.
Note: If you have not entered a valid WordPress blog URL, or the URL does not work for any reason, no guides will display in Business App. For this reason, we recommend checking Business App to ensure it displays correctly after saving your changes in Partner Center.
Find your tag IDs
When you tag a post in WordPress, that tag is assigned a static ID. You'll need this in order to filter your blogs.
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Hover over Posts in the side panel.
- Click Tags.
If you've tagged posts previously, you'll see those listed on the right of the page. If not, you can create a new tag on the left.
Once a tag exists:
- Click on the tag.
- In the URL, copy the number after tag_id=.