This article addresses scenarios when your team members (Partner Center users, Salespeople, Digital Agents) or clients (Business App users) lose access to the platform/business app/products or see error messages while logging in. In such a situation, the user can follow these steps in order to regain access.
Click on forgot password and follow the instructions to reset their password
They will receive an email link to reset the password
Once they choose a new password, they should be able to log back in
Alternatively, the user can ask you (or a Partner admin) to reset their password. Remember you won’t be able to set passwords for them. You can only send an email that contains a link to reset the password.
To do this, navigate to Partner Center > Administration > My Team > Click the 3 dots next to the desired user > Select 'resend welcome email."
To re-send the welcome email to a Business App user, navigate to Partner Center > Businesses > Users > Click the 3 dots next to the desired user > Select "resend welcome email."
In the unfortunate event, that the user doesn’t have access to the email address they use to log in, you (or a Partner admin) can help them by changing their login email address. To change the email address, you need to create a new user and set permissions to be the same as the old one. The step-by-step process can be found below.
For team members
In Partner Center, go to Partner Center > Administration > My Team
Click on Invite team member
3. Add details, set the role and send a welcome email
4. Once the new user is active you can go ahead and delete the old user that lost access to their email address
For Business App users
In Partner Center, go to Businesses > Users
Click on Create user
3. Add details and check the box to send welcome email. Click 'create user'
4. Go to the newly created user and click on Edit Permissions to assign the same permissions as the old user that lost access to their email address
5. Next click on Edit Notifications and choose the same settings as the old user that lost access to their email address
6. Once the new user is active you can go ahead and delete the old user that lost access to their email address