Vendasta platform automations system has triggers and actions that can affect Inbox messaging. Some of these triggers and actions are used in built-in automations that are currently active, as well as templates that your organization can start using.
Manage your automations: https://partners.vendasta.com/automations
These pre-made automation templates are available for your company to start using, and customize.
- Log a sales activity in Sales Center when someone from your company messages a customer. Use this to track and encourage frequent outreach by your sales team.
- Auto-respond with a system message when someone contacts your company through Inbox. Use this to set expectations of how quickly someone can expect a reply!
Find templates in the Create workflow in automations.
The following Inbox messages-related triggers are available in the automations system to begin a workflow:
- A message is sent or received with an account:
- When a message is sent or received in a conversation with an account
- When a message is sent by someone from your org
- When a message is received from someone outside your org
Automations system can perform these Inbox messaging related actions in an automation:
- Log a ‘system message’ in a conversation
- System messages appear in the center of a chat to all viewers of that conversation. These are useful for logging events, or providing status update – but note, they do not trigger a notification.
Importance of rate-limiting
Because messaging can be a high-frequency event, you likely want to rate-limit how many times an action is performed based on a new message being sent or received. This can be done using the Rate Limiter step in Automations.
- EXAMPLE: You want to log a sales activity when someone on your sales team reaches out to a customer via messaging. The first message can be logged as a sales activity, but the automations system can wait before logging another event until a period has passed with no messages sent; say, once per day.
Useful actions related to Inbox
You may consider building automations related to messaging that also perform these actions:
- Set “hotness” of an account
- Create a task
- Add a tag to an account
- Log a sales activity
- A sales activity tracks the efforts your sales team has made to contact leads and customers, in Sales & Success Center.
- Notify someone