Instagram Reels are fantastic for brand awareness as a business's reel will appear on the "Explore" and "Reels" tabs to Instagram users who may not have found their content otherwise.
Here's how to get started with Instagram Reels in Social Marketing:
- Navigate to Social Marketing either through Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts or as a user logged in to Business App > Social Marketing.
- Click to compose a post.
- Ensure Instagram is selected as a channel.
- Type your post content. Select the media type as "vertical videos." (Note: Once a video is selected the "Post as a Reel on Instagram" option will appear and is selected by default.)
- Click on "Post Now", or you can schedule for a later date.
- Once your post has been published, you can see the Reels icon for Instagram under My Posts > Recent Posts.
Once a video is posted as a Reel once, Social Marketing will post all videos on Instagram as Reels going forward (This is how Instagram works when posting natively as well.)
Instagram Reels are designed to be viewed vertically, full-screen. As Instagram Reels are viewed in a vertical orientation, videos should be 1080 pixels wide and 1920 pixels tall (an aspect ratio of 9:16), click here.
Instagram limits users to capture and upload videos under 15 seconds in the Reels tab in mobile view. Longer videos will be seen in the profile view under "Feed".
As of right now, there is no way to directly post to Facebook as Reels via Social Marketing. However, a workaround is to allow "post to Facebook" when a business posts to Instagram. This setting is found on Instagram.