A Google Workspace admin
- Has access to admin.google.com.
- Configures and manages all aspects of a Google Workspace domain.
- Administers users, organizational units, groups, and access to services.
- Manages the security of the Google Workspace domain as well as mobile policies
- Domain security management
- Mobile policies
Through Marketplace, admins are created upon activation of new seats.
- Usually, the first seat defaults to an admin but this can be changed.
- Users can be promoted to admins through Google's admin console.