Channel Partners now have improved control over what notifications they want their customers and users to have enabled or disabled by default.
What is it?
We've improved the notification settings in our platform so partners can specify the different notifications they wish for existing and new clients alike to receive by default.
Now, Partners can better manage which notifications are on or off by default for their customers, Business App, and Product users. In addition, global notifications settings can be configured at the Partner, Market, and User levels.
The Business App's notification settings page was also improved for SMB users, who can now access global controls to manage their notifications across multiple locations.
What notifications are affected by this improvement?
This improvement is for managing notifications sent to clients by Business App and active products, including:
- Executive Report (Weekly or Monthly)
- Daily Digest emails
- Instant activity notifications, like a new review or social activity.
Why is it Important?
- Channels Partners now have complete control over what notifications they want their customers and users to have by default. Any newly created users or accounts will get these partner-defined notification settings by default; no manual adjusting after account creation is required.
- SMB users can now adjust their notifications at a global level, no matter how many accounts they have.
How does it work?
- A new page in Partner Center gives partners the ability to fully manage which notifications are on or off by default for their customers, Business App, and Product users.
- You can manage Partner and Market level defaults by going to Partner Center > Administration > Customize > Business App Settings > Notification Settings > Clicking on Manage Notification Settings.
- You can manage User and Account level notifications by going to Partner Center > Businesses > Users page > Clicking the 'kabob' menu on a user and selecting 'Edit Notifications.
- Global notifications settings can be configured at the Partner, Market, and User levels.
- Defaults will be observed no matter the user creation method: via manual user creation, SMB self-sign-up, API, or bulk.
- Users' choices are also taken into account when adjusting defaults. For example, if a user of the Business App has manually adjusted their notifications to their preference, defaults will respect those choices and not override them.