We work hard to make Business App as user-friendly and helpful as possible. There may be cases where you'd like to tailor the experience. You can do so via a few configuration options:
Access configuration options
Most Business App settings can be changed in Partner Center > Administration > Customize.
From there, you'll see two tabs: Partner defaults and Markets. By default, you'll land on the Partner defaults tab. Any changes made here will be applied to all markets. If you want a unique experience for a single market, however, you can change those options in the Markets tab.
Note: If you aren't sure if you are using markets, click on the Markets tab. If you only have a single market with a "Market Key" set to default, you'll want to make all changes in the Partner defaults tab.
Business App name
One of the most common changes partners wish to make is to change the name of the Business App. This name shows to any users that log in to Business App, and changing this can make Business App feel like a true extension of your company.
To update Business App's name:
- Go to Partner Center > Administration > Customize > Business App Settings.
- Replace Business App with the name of your choice.
- Click Apply Name.
Business App settings
The following settings will be found under Partner Center > Administration > Customize > Business App Settings.
The Executive Report is a powerful tool to show proof of performance to your clients. It also allows them to focus their efforts on what matters most. If you haven't, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the report before making changes. You can learn more via the Executive Report Overview article.
For configuring the report, you have the following options:
- Edit Default Executive Report Template - This allows you to re-order the sections of the Executive Report.
- Report Type - Toggles the Executive Report on or off in Business App.
- Default Email Frequency - Sets how often your clients are sent a summary of their report. You can choose weekly, monthly, or never.
- Your clients can also change this in Business App under Settings > Notification Settings.
- Show Review Grade Card in Executive Report for SMBs - Turns the "Review grade" card in the Executive Report on or off.
- Show card that encourages users to connect to Google Search Console - Turns the "Google Search Console" card on or off.
- Set the default time period for Multi-Location Business App and Multi-Location Executive Report - Exists under the "Multi-Location" heading. Used to set the default time range to show when users access Multi-Location Business App and Multi-Location Executive Report.
Here, you can toggle which tabs appear to your Business App users. The options are as follows:
- Executive Report
- My Listing
- Get Started
- SMS Messaging in Inbox
- Invite Users
Display your own guides
You can also display your own guides in Business App. (Provided the Guides tab is enabled.) Learn more via the Add your own guides to Business App article.
New user campaign
Use this section to decide which email campaign to add new Business App users to. This setting is optional and can be disabled.
You can create your own campaign should you not wish to use the defaults.
The items in this section allow you to alter specific elements of the Business App experience:
- Display Marketing Funnel - Toggles the Marketing Funnel on or off in the Dashboard tab.
- Display Customer Journey - Toggles the Customer Journey on or off in the Get Started tab.
- Display Onboarding Video - Toggles the onboarding video on the Get Started tab on or off
- If it's turned on, you can add a Custom Video.
- Display Recommendations - Toggles recommendations on or off in the Get Started and Dashboard tabs.
- Display e-commerce orders - Toggles the e-commerce orders banner on the Dashboard tab on or off.
- Display SMB Academy - Toggles the Academy on or off in the Get Started tab.
- Set the default time period for Single-Location Business App - Changes the default time period shown on the Dashboard tab for the Marketing Funnel.
- Disable "Create Account" on the login page - When users land on your Business App login page, they have the option to create an account. This option allows you to disable that.
Let your clients invite other businesses to Business App
Under the Acquisition heading in the Business App settings, you can set up the ability to provide an invite link to clients. For full details, see the Allow your clients to invite other businesses to the Business App article.
There are a few other options you can set:
- Display your logo in the footer of navigation - Toggles where the logo you've uploaded will show in the navigation side-panel.
- Global notification banner - Lets you set a message that will appear at the bottom of the Business App. You can set an expiration date so the message will disappear eventually. This is especially useful if you need to inform your customers of a sale, or if your office will be closed for an extended period of time.
- Connections - Surfaces the ability to connect accounts in Business App.