We work hard to make the Business App as user-friendly and helpful as possible. There may be cases where you'd like to tailor the experience. You can do so via a few configuration options:
Access configuration options
Most Business App settings can be changed in Partner Center > Administration > Customize Business App.
In the top right-hand corner, you can filter by Market. By default, you'll land on the All Markets filter. Any changes made here will be applied to all markets. If you want a unique experience for a single market, however, you can change to a specific market using the drop-down.
Business App name
One of the most common changes partners wish to make is to change the name of the Business App. This name shows to any users that log in to Business App, and changing this can make Business App feel like a true extension of your company.
To update the Business App name:
- Go to Partner Center > Administration >Customize business app > Branding
- Replace Business App with the name of your choice.
- Click save
Business App settings
The following settings will be found under Partner Center > Administration > Customize Business App > Executive Report
The Executive Report is a powerful tool to show proof of performance to your clients. It also allows them to focus their efforts on what matters most. If you haven't, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the report before making changes. You can learn more via the Executive Report Overview article.
For configuring the report, you have the following options:
- Rearrange Sections - This allows you to re-order the sections of the Executive Report.
- Show This Page - Toggles the Executive Report page on or off in Business App.
Show Review Grade Card in Executive Report for clients- Turns the "Review grade" card in the Executive Report on or off.
Show card that encourages users to connect to Google Search Console - Turns the "Google Search Console" card on or off.
'Show This Page' Settings
Here, you can select which tabs appear to your Business App users. This option exists for the following sections:
- Get Started
- Recent Activity
- Inbox Messages
- Executive Report
- My Products
- Business Profile
- My Meetings
Display your own guides
You can also display your own guides in Business App. (Provided the Guides tab is enabled.) Learn more via the Add your own guides to Business App article.
New Customer Experience
Toggle on or off the onboarding campaign to send to new users who have logged into the Business App for the first time. (Administration > Customize Business App > Notifications)
Learn how to create your own campaign.
Let your clients invite other businesses to the Business App
Under the Add Your Clients heading in the Cuztomize Business App Settings, you can set up the ability to provide an invite link to clients. For full details, see the Allow your clients to invite other businesses to the Business App article.
There are a few other options you can set:
- Display your logo in the footer of navigation - Toggles where the logo you've uploaded will show in the navigation side panel. (Administration > Customize Business App > Branding.)
- Global notification banner - This allows you to set a message that will appear at the bottom of the Business App. You can set an expiration date so the message will disappear eventually. This is especially useful if you need to inform your customers of a sale, or if your office will be closed for an extended period of time. (Administration > Customize Business App > Notifications.)