Most automations are triggered automatically as soon as an event happens. However, you may want to create a workflow that only runs when you want it to. In this case, you can set up manual automation.
This process involves 2 steps: Setting up the automation and starting the automation for an account.
1. Set up the automation
To set up manual automation:
1. Go to Partner Center > Automations
2. Click Create automation.
3. Select a Template. (select Market if applicable)
4. Choose the It's triggered manually trigger.
5. If salespeople should be able to start the automation, select Allow salespeople to run this automation. Then click Save.
6. Add the remaining workflow steps.
7. In the Settings tab > Entry settings, select Every time. This allows your automation to run multiple times for the same account when prompted.
8. Turn on the automation.
2. Start the automation
Once the automation is turned on, you can start it from an account details page. To do this:
- Go to Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts. Select the account you want to start the automation for.
- In the Automations section, click Start Manual Automation.
- Select the automation.
- Click Start.