You have the option to hide your physical business address in Listing Sync Pro, Listing Distribution, and Listings Grade in the Snapshot Report. Clients will be able to list their business as a "Service Area Business" rather than a service in one physical location. This feature is also available as a “Bulk Update” action.
Partners will be able to accommodate existing and prospective clients who run service area businesses. These businesses offer local services without a physical location, such as those that offer mobile or online services, operate from home, or use third-party locations. Service area providers will now be able to accurately sync their listings with sources that support a hidden physical address, which will result in a more accurate listing score. This will also improve the accuracy of the listing grade in the snapshot report for these businesses.
Certain listing sources do not currently support this feature. This will affect the number of Listing Sync Pro sources that show up as available to sync with, in Listing Builder. Though this will reduce the number of sources that are available to sync with, it will not impact your listing score negatively.
How Does it Work?
When creating a new account in Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts:
Under “Business Profile”, check the box next to Service Area Business (hide physical address). This can be found under the “Zip/ Postal Code” field. This option will be set to Off by default.
To hide the physical address for an existing account:
- In Partner Center, select Businesses > Accounts.
- Select the business you would like to edit.
- Click on the "View all data" button
- Under “Location”, below the “Zip/ Postal Code” field, check the box next to Service Area Business (hide physical address).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
To hide physical addresses for multiple existing accounts:
In Partner Center:
- Select Businesses > Accounts
- Click the menu icon next to Create Account > Select Update Accounts (CSV Upload).
- Upload a CSV file with the new data, either by first exporting a list to a CSV, or using the provided template.
[*Note — The template features a column titled Service Area Business. Include in the template all the accounts whose address should be hidden, and write Yes in this column, next to each account.]
- Upload the CSV file and click Next.
- Select the box next to Address.
- Choose if you would like the empty cells to overwrite existing data in the spreadsheet and click Next.
7. Review the updated changes and click Update.
The suppressed address update will take 6 to 8 weeks to be synced on all listing platforms.