What is it?
The Review Grade is a letter grade given to your clients’ businesses to evaluate their online review presence. The Review Grade is currently used in our sales intelligence report, Snapshot Report, to evaluate the business’s online reputation before partnering with your company.
Introducing the Review Grade to the Executive Report enhances reporting transparency for your clients and shows proof of performance over time.
How is the Review Grade calculated?
The Review Grade is calculated based on the business’s performance in four categories:
- Average review score
- Number of review sources
- Reviews found
- Number of reviews found per month
Scores in the four categories are then combined and compared to the industry average to get the final letter grade using this percentile grading system:
- A = 90 - 100th percentile
- B = 75 - 89th percentile
- C = 50 - 74th percentile
- D = 30 - 49th percentile
- F = 0 - 29th percentile
For example, the business Flowers by Jane has an average review score of 3.5. This puts the business in the 10th percentile compared to the industry average (4.32) and industry leader (5). This category receives an F. The same calculations are done for the other three categories and a combined score results in a Review Grade of C.
When is it being released to my clients?
The Review Grade in Executive Reports will be turned on for all clients mid-November.
Before making the Review Grade visible to your clients, we want to gather feedback from you, the company working directly with them. It is our goal to understand if the Review Grade correctly represents the business’s online reputation. The release of the Review Grade to your clients will be preceded by a Partner-only release with the following important dates:
Beginning October 6th, 2020, Early Access Partners were able to view a special Admin View of their accounts’ Executive Reports, which include the Review Grade. This Admin View is only available to Partner Center Admins and will not be accessible by business users nor will it be sent out as the Executive Report to business users.
After viewing the Review Grade, Early Access Partners have the opportunity to provide their feedback directly to the Vendasta product team. We suggest Partners go through several of their accounts and provide feedback.
As of October 19th, 2020, all Partners are able to view the special Admin View of their accounts’ Executive Reports and will be asked to leave feedback.
During this initial Partner-only release, Partners are welcome and encouraged to follow these steps to enable the Review Grade to show in your clients’ Executive Reports before it is released to all clients by default.
How do I see the Admin View of my clients’ Executive Report?
1. Go to Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts
2. Click on the name of an account
3. Click Admin View under the Reports section to open the Executive Report
4. View the Review Grade under the Reputation section of the report
5. Click the Survey in the bottom right to provide feedback on the Review Grade for the business
How do I enable my clients to see the Review Grade before the release?
Follow these steps if you wish to enable by Market:
1. Go to Partner Center > Administration > Customize > Market
2. Click the pencil icon beside the Market you wish to customize
3. Click Business App Settings > Executive Report > Show Review Grade Card in Executive Report for SMBs
4. Select Enable from the dropdown
Follow these steps if you wish to enable for all Markets OR if you do not have Markets:
- Go to Partner Center > Administration > Customize
- Click Business App Settings > Executive Report > Show Review Grade Card in Executive Report for SMBs
- Click the checkbox to set your Partner Default to Enabled.
Future iterations and integrations
Future iterations include adding the Review Grade to Reputation Management and Multi-Location Business App.