What is it?
Easily create your own product without having to leave Partner Center through the new Create Product workflow. Fill out your product's most basic information and create it on the same page, or continue editing in Vendor Center to add in more details and advanced integrations.
Remember, a product or app can be anything that you can offer to your clients: digital applications, service, physical products, consulting hours, and a whole lot more!
How does it work?
You can start creating a product by going to Marketplace → Discover Products. Select the Create Product button on the upper left corner.
There are four basic steps to complete to successfully create an app for your product:
- App Name - The name you've given your product or app. This will be displayed to Partner Center admins, salespeople, and Business App users.
- App Icon Image - Your app’s icon is one of the first impressions that Partners and end users will have of your product. Keep it simple, refrain from using text in the image, and ensure that it will fit well in a circle.
Is your app billed once or as a subscription?
When an app is billed as a subscription, the customer will be required to make a monthly payment to continue using the app. If a customer discontinues their subscription, the app will continue to be active until the end of the billing period, at which point the app can be canceled.
If your app requires a recurring payment to use, select Subscription to set the frequency (monthly or yearly) with which the customer is billed.
Cost - This is how much your product costs to you. This will not be shown to your clients. Setting your app’s Cost allows you to track the cost incurred by provisioning or otherwise maintaining an individual instance of this app. Use this setting to compare the cost of operating this application to the Retail Price that you sell your app for.
- Retail - This is the price that you will charge customers for your product. If your app is set to be billed as a subscription, the amount you set as a Retail Price will be charged on a recurring basis at the frequency you’ve specified.
- Marketing description - Provide a concise and captivating paragraph or two that communicates what your app is, why it’s unique, and why users will love it.
- Key selling points - Provide 3-6 unique value propositions about your app
Choose whether to save your app as a draft and continue editing in Vendor Center or to Publish and Enable the app.
- Continue editing in Vendor Center - Your app will be saved as a draft and you can continue editing in Vendor Center where you can create custom order forms, set up advanced integrations, and further customize your marketing page.
- Publish and Enable - Your product is published and enabled for you to use. You can now package this product and add it to your Store!
Who gets it?
All Vendasta partners have access to this feature.