Having a single source of truth for sales activity is important. Salespeople have enough to worry about without having to recall each individual conversation.
While salespeople could already log their emails in Sales & Success Center, it always required salespeople to remember to BCC a specific address. With the Sales & Success Center Gmail extension, this all happens with the click of a button.
When was it released?
The Chrome extension was released on April 8th, 2020, with additional updates having released on May 5th, 2020.
How does it work?
- Install the extension
- Open your Gmail inbox
- Open the Gmail composer
- Click the Log email on an account button
- If this is your first time using the extension, you'll need to authorize the extension
- Choose the account this email is for
- Send your email as normal
This email will be logged in Sales & Success Center and appear under the account's sales activity. Please note this only encompasses the outgoing email and that any subsequent replies will not be tracked.
What was included in the May 5th update?
A number of changes and improvements were introduced on May 5th:
- When a contact is entered, if that contact exists in Sales & Success Center, we'll automatically link the email to that account
- The extension is now on by default, meaning that salespeople no longer have to manually launch the extension each time they send an email
- Salespeople can now log out of the extension
- Salespeople no longer have to be assigned to the account they are logging activity for. As long as the account exists is in their market, it can be used with the extension.
- Various UI improvements