What is it?
You can now configure user notification and permission settings when bulk importing accounts. After uploading a CSV file with account and user data, you can determine whether new users can:
- Access Business Center
- Receive notifications
- Receive the Welcome Email
Previously, the bulk account import wizard didn't include a step for setting user permissions and notifications. To configure these settings, you would have to go to the Manage Users page and bulk update the new users or update the new users individually. With this new feature, you're able to configure these settings with more efficiency and control.
When was it made available?
These settings were released on Monday, March 9, 2020.
How does it work?
To access these settings:
- Go to Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts.
- Click on the Menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Click Import Accounts (CSV Upload).
- Follow the Import Wizard to upload a CSV file and map fields (Steps 1-2).
- Select the options you would like to enable for new users in your CSV file. If you unselect each of these options, the users can still receive marketing campaign emails.
- Click Next, then follow the remaining steps in the Import Wizard.
Who gets it?
Partners with a Starter, Basic, Pro, or Enterprise subscription.