What is it?
Business Center is getting a navigation upgrade! It'll soon be easier for users to understand where they are, navigate between products, and receive timely in-app notifications.
The new navigation gives users new abilities, including:
- Direct Business Center access – no more ‘Back to Business Center’ required.
- Location switcher – change locations from inside a product without ever returning to Business Center.
- An always visible address – stop guessing which location you're looking at.
- In-app notifications – activity stream notifications delivered right to you in the nav.
For information on the new Business Center notifications, see this article.
When will it be available?
Early Access partners will have access to this navigation upgrade on February 5, 2020.
The new navigation will be released to all partners by the end of February 2020.
Why is it important?
Previously, users had to click Back to Business Center to leave a product. This caused confusion as to how to navigate between products. Users that moved between products would also struggle due to the amount of time it took.
Now, users can access products easily and directly from within each other. They always know which location they are looking at based on the address that shows directly in the navigation, and they can switch between locations within a product without ever having to leave it.
All around, the new navigation is far more intuitive than the old.
What are all the new features?
Directly access Business Center from within products
For users with access to Business Center, the new navigation will appear within products, starting with the following:
- Reputation Management
- Customer Voice
- Social Marketing
With no more ‘back button’, it’s now easier for users to move between products and the features of Business Center.
Switch accounts within products
For users with access to more than one account, the Business Center Location Switcher is an easy way to navigate between accounts. They can even navigate between multi-location groups and brands.
And while we've had the ability to switch accounts in Business Center before, users will now be able to switch locations within products. This will start with Reputation Management, Customer Voice, and Social Marketing, with more to follow soon.
Other notable features include:
- The business address now appears in the navigation, making it easier for users with multiple accounts to know which account they are currently working in.
- It’s now easy to see which other accounts also have the same product active. The product icon appears next to the location name.
- Selecting a location with the same product active will immediately switch the user to the new location, within that product.
- Note: Selecting a location without the product active will direct you back to Business Center.
- Updated pinning of products in the navigation
- You can now pin and unpin your favorite products to appear in the navigation from inside the My Products tab. Pinning them also sets the order in which they appear.
- Changes across all your devices
- Any changes that are made to the navigation/product pinning area are saved to the user profile, so these changes will be reflected on any device.
Users will also see their notifications in these products. They will no longer need to be in Business Center to see any notifications.
Example notifications in Reputation Management.