You can configure rules to automatically assign new accounts to salespeople when the accounts are created in Partner Center.
Before this feature, salespeople had to be assigned to accounts manually. This step is frequently missed when accounts are created via API from inbound sources (such as external integrations with website forms), or via bulk uploads (where the .csv file must include the assigned salesperson for each account).
This feature allows your team to assign accounts to salespeople automatically based on your choice of account rules. Rather than leaving your accounts unassigned—which means your default salesperson is overloaded—or going through the toil of assigning salespeople yourself, you can set up these rules once and let the platform do the work.
Configure auto-assign rules
To configure auto-assign rules:
- Go to Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts.
- Click the Menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then click Create Auto-Assign Rules.
- If applicable, select a Market, then click Add a Rule.
- Select the account criteria for the auto-assign rule. You can assign accounts based on the following:
- Select a country, state/province/region (optional), and city (optional).
- Business category:
- Select a business category.
- Type in account tags, separated by spaces.
- Select All or Any of these tags:
- If you select All, then only the accounts that have every tag you identified will be assigned.
- If you select Any, then any account that has at least one of the tags you identified will be assigned.
- At the top of the page, specify one of the following account matching options:
- All criteria—Accounts that match all the criteria will be assigned.
- Any criteria—Accounts that match at least one of the criteria will be assigned.
- Select the salespeople to assign the accounts to, based on the criteria you selected above:
- Click Add Salespeople.
- Select salespeople and/or sales teams from the list. Newly created accounts that match your criteria will automatically be assigned to one of the salespeople from the rule in random order.
- Click Add to Queue.
- Click Add Salespeople.
- If desired, you can automatically add accounts to an email marketing campaign. Select the campaign in the dropdown menu.
- When you're ready to create the rule, click Create Rule in the upper right corner of the screen. The rule will now appear on the Auto-Assign Rules page.
Don't see your rule on this page? Make sure you've selected the right market in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To add another rule, click + Create Rule and repeat steps 4-8.
Prioritize auto-assign rules
For example, you could have a default "catch-all" group that matches accounts for the entire country, but have a higher priority rule for a particular state to assign those accounts to a different salesperson.
To prioritize auto-assign rules:
- Click and hold the Drag icon on the left-hand side of a row, then re-position the row to be higher or lower in the list. The rule at the top of the list will have the highest priority, and the rule at the bottom of the list will have the lowest priority.
Salespeople will be notified via email when an account gets assigned to them.