What is it?
Sales & Success Center is getting the same prospect/account creation workflow as Partner Center. This enables additional functionality such as optional Snapshot Report creation and email campaigns.
When was it made available?
Revamped prospect creation was made available to all salespeople on September 17th, 2019.
Why is it important?
Previously, the interface for creating a new prospect was long and convoluted. Many fields that weren't required for creation were presented, and salespeople had little options in how they wanted the prospect to be created.
With this new interface, Salespeople can more quickly create prospects, meaning they can spend less time with administrative tasks and more time selling.
How does it work?
When salespeople go to create a prospect (via Sales & Success Center > Accounts > Create Prospect), they will see the new prospect creation screen.
From here, they will follow these steps:
- Search for the business they are prospecting to.
- Fill in the form that appears. As the information here comprises the "Business Profile" used for many different products and services, it is important to fill this out as thoroughly as possible.
The following fields are required:
- Market (if applicable)
- Business Name
- If you are unable to locate a suitable business category, select Other. Please be aware that certain product features may be unavailable.
- Street Address
- If the account does not have a physical address, select Service Area Business below the ZIP/Postal Code field.
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Business Phone Number
- Optional - Expand and fill in the Full Business Profile and Administration sections. These are not required when creating the account.
- Click Create Account.
After the prospect/account has been created, salespeople will have the following options:
- Generate Snapshot – Generates a Snapshot Report for the business. This was previously always included with each prospect created, but it will no longer be automatic.
- Add contact – Any person or persons that the salesperson will be in contact with. This can also be used to grant contacts access to Business App.
- Start campaign – Start an email campaign for the business.
- Create opportunity – If the salesperson has any potential sales opportunities with the business, they can add those here.