What is it?
Projects can now be automatically created when a product is activated. This reduces the manual work Task Manager user had to do to fulfill services on those products.
When was it made available?
The auto-creation of projects upon product activation was released on July 27th, 2019.
How does it work?
Set up a template
- Go to Task Manager > Global Settings > Templates.
- Click Add New Template.
- Enter the Template Name.
- Optional – Fill in the following optional fields:
- How many days the project is due after it is created.
- Click the Product field and select the product you wish to trigger this project's creation.
If the selected product is already linked to a template, you will see a warning message. Click Show Templates to see those templates.
- Add the tasks you wish to create for projects created with this template. Learn more about templates.
- Click Create Template.
When a product is activated on an account in Task Manager, it will automatically create a project on that account based on the template you created.