When fulfilling work on behalf of clients, it can be daunting to keep track of what you need to do. For this reason, it's useful to group your task list into various projects.
Projects allow you to easily group tasks into workable chunks. This is especially useful should you employ contractors or work on a project-by-project basis.
When to use projects
Projects can help in almost any situation. They can be used any time you have more than one related task, allowing you to keep track of how close you are to completion. Some examples of where you might want to use projects include:
- You have hired a website designer to create several new websites. You could create a project for each website they have to create, then assign various tasks (such as discussing ideas with the client, creating a prototype, and delivering the final website).
- You have hired a contractor to perform a variety of tasks. You may wish to create projects for each large task, then break those up into smaller chunks.
- You need to onboard a new client. You may wish to have a task for each session you will complete.
The rule of thumb is that if you need to group tasks, you should use a project.
Projects are associated directly with accounts. To create them:
- From Task Manager > Accounts > Account Name > Projects, hover over Create Project and select New Project.
Note: If you've created templates, you will see these as options when hovering on the Create Project button.
- Choose your Project Type.
- If you are frequently making posts for customers on their behalf, choose Social Calendar. For all others, choose Other.
- Enter the Project Name.
- Optionally, choose an Assignee.
- Choose the Due Date.
- If you have chosen the Social Calendar project type, fill in the following optional sections:
- Content Call – A call designed to discuss the type of content to be posted.
- Schedule Social Posts – Automatically generate Social Post Tasks in this project.
- Client Review – Clients must review all content before posting.
- Select Create.
Adding tasks to a project
After creating your project, you'll want to assign tasks to it. You can do so by completing the following:
- Select the project you wish to add tasks to.
- Select + Add Task.
- Enter the Task Name in the empty field.
- Choose the Status of the task.
- Choose the task's Due Date.
- Select Save.
As you complete tasks, the project's overall completion percent will increase. Once all tasks are completed, the project is marked as complete.