What is it?
Due to changes LinkedIn has made to their API (application programming interface), you now need to authenticate your LinkedIn account in order to add your business listing for this source.
When will it be available?
This new process required to monitor your LinkedIn listing will be implemented on May 6, 2019.
Why is it important?
Because of these updates to their API, in order to monitor your LinkedIn listing, you will need to authenticate your account by signing in with your username and password. In addition, you will still be required to manually add the Listing URL to the listings table.
How does it work?
- Go to Reputation Management > Primary Listings
- Scroll down to Social Sites > Linkedin
- Click Connect Account
- You will be redirected to sign in to LinkedIn. Enter your user name and password to connect your account. * Note: If you are an admin of one page, that page will automatically be selected. If you are an admin for multiple pages, you may need to submit the URL by following steps 5 and 6.
- Return to the listings table and under Linkedin click View Possible Matches
- Enter the URL for your Linkedin business listing and click Submit Listing URL
You can also connect your account in Settings > Connect Accounts. Once your account is authenticated and you have entered the URL for your business listing, your LinkedIn listing details will populate. Your phone number will no longer be populated for this listing, due to LinkedIn not allowing that information to be shared through their API.
Who gets it?
All Partners with Reputation Management.