What is it?
Building your custom products is now done through Vendor Center. This process is more robust and full of new features. For custom products you’ve already created, you can upgrade to the new workflow with one click.
Through Marketplace, you have the ability to offer three types of products:
- Products owned by Vendasta, like Social Marketing or Reputation Management.
- Products from our trusted Vendors, like Boostability or Zenreach.
- And product or services offered by your agency. We call these custom products.
We’re making it easier for you to have one place where you sell all of our offerings—through the Vendasta Marketplace.
Why is it important?
By using the new custom product workflow, you unlock crucial features. In addition to the functionality you already use, you’ll have access to...
- Setting specific categories for the products in your Store.
- Invoicing capabilities for products you already sell.
- Using HTML in your product’s marketing page. This appears to your clients through Business Center.
- Custom order forms.
- Creating an unlimited number of add-ons for each of your custom products.
- Advanced integration options including webhooks and SSO.
How does it work?
To access these new features, you will need to first enhance your product.
- From Partner Center > Marketplace > Discover Products > Mine, click on your custom product.
- Click Enhance Product > Enhance.
You can access the new custom product/app creation workflow via both Partner Center or Vendor Center.
- From Partner Center > Marketplace > Discover Products, click Add Product.
- Click Continue to Vendor Center.
- You can also access the following steps from Vendor Center > Create App.
- The Create App screen allows you to select which optional features your app requires:
- Use Order Form - Allows you to configure a customizable order form that is filled out when the app is activated or a sales order is submitted. This is useful for collecting additional information that you may require to correctly configure the app.
- Require Activation Specific Entry URL - The URL that loads when a Business Center user clicks on the app. This is set whenever the app is activated.
- You also have the option to use the Advanced Form. This will allow you to completely customize your app during the initial setup. As many of these can are technical in nature, it is recommended that only adept users use this form.
Customizing your Product/App
Once you've upgraded or created your app, you will be brought to Vendor Center > App Information > General Settings. Here, you can set the following fields:
- Vendor Name - The name of the company that created the app. In most cases, this will be your company's name.
- Service Model - Whether your app is something you use on behalf of your client, something you use with them, or something they use on their own.
- Card Image - Appears when browsing your store.
- Pricing - Allows you to restrict your app to specific countries.
Reseller Marketing appears in Partner Center under the Discover Products tab. Most features of this page align with those on the End User Marketing page, which will cover how to edit this in more detail.
End User Marketing
End User Marketing allows you to customize your app's visual marketing page. To edit any of the sections, click within the corresponding outlined box.
Should you wish to preview your changes, you can toggle the Preview option in the top-right. This will show you the product/app page exactly as your clients would see it.
Integration allows you to configure Webhooks, notification emails, and SSO URLs. This option is only required for the most complex apps.
Order Forms allow you to create a custom form that must be filled out when activating the product or submitting a sales order. To get started, ensure you've toggled the Use Order Form option to On.
To get started, enter in your optional Activation Message. This is presented to the submitter at the time of activation.
You can then add in form fields, as well as any parameters required. Once you've set this, hit Preview to see how the form will appear to users.
Once you're ready to save your app, hit Update Draft. This will publish your changes.