Update: Google has recently confirmed that Google+ API support will be shut down on March 7, 2019. We will be removing all support for Google+ from the Vendasta platform on the same day. This will not affect Google My Business.
As this is a progressive shutdown, posting to and connecting Google+ will experience degraded performance starting on January 28th, 2019.
Google has recently announced that they are ending support for Google+ earlier than anticipated due to low adoption of the service. The updated date is scheduled to occur in April 2019, prompting us to make a few important changes to aspects of the Vendasta platform.
Due to this low adoption of Google+, we highly recommend focusing any social efforts on Google My Business instead.
How will this change affect my clients?
There are a few primary areas that will be affected by Google's changes. These are broken down by product below. Please note that these features will not be impacted until Google removes this functionality.
- Connecting Google+ accounts will no longer be supported.
- Users will be unable to post to Google+ and will not see the option within the composer.
- This does not affect Google My Business, and users will continue to have the ability to post to that network.
- Google+ will no longer be available to connect.
- Google+ will no longer appear as a Social Account Link option when creating an account or when editing an account's business profile.
- Google+ will not be listed as a Listing Source within the Customize section.
- Posting to Google+ will no longer be supported.
If you have any questions regarding this, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team!