Some instagram business profiles may have experienced an error when converting to a business profile which prevents them from connecting in Social Marketing. In order to fix this the profile must be converted into a personal profile, then switched back to a business profile.
Do the following on the instagram app on IOS or Android
- Go to your profile
- Tap (iOS) or (Android) in the top-right corner
- Tap Switch Back to Personal Account
- In the window that appears, tap Switch to Personal Account to confirm your changes
Once that is complete do the following on a desktop computer:
- Log in to your account on Facebook Business Manager at business.facebook.com
- Select the settings icon in the top right of the page
- Select the pages tab on the left side of the page, and select the settings icon for the relevant business page
- Select the Instagram section, and log in through Facebook Business Manager
- Facebook will take you through a couple steps to convert back to a business profile
Once the above steps are complete, attempt to connect your Instagram account in Social Marketing from the settings > Connect Accounts tab. It should now populate for connection.