What is a Contact?
Contacts are email addresses that are entered into Sales & Success Center on the Account Details page. These are used to help your salespeople keep track of various individuals or groups at a particular company as well as to add an address to a campaign.
How are Contacts created?
A contact can be manually created through Sales & Success Center:
- Log in to Sales & Success Center. If you do not know your Sales & Success Center login URL, you can find it in Partner Center > Sales > Salespeople.
- Click on the name of the account you wish to add a contact for.
- Click the + icon in the top-right of the Contacts box.
- Enter any relevant information for the contact.
- Click Save.
Contacts are also created automatically when using the Add Prospect option and entering an email address into the creation form.
Please note that while you can view contacts via Partner Center, these can only be created, modified, and removed via Sales & Success Center.
How do Contacts differ from Business Center Users?
Contacts refer to specific individuals at a company but do not have access to any part of the platform. Users, however, have access to Business Center, allowing them to access any products active for their account.
While contacts and users have limited interaction, these two entities are primarily separate. The occasions where these two are linked are as follows
- Users are created with a corresponding contact when an account is created via the Accounts tab in Partner Central
- If a user is deleted in Partner Center that matches the email address of a contact, the contact will also be removed.
Please note that changing the email address of a contact will disassociate that contact from the Business Center user. Additionally, removing a contact will not remove the corresponding user.