Instagram uses Facebook and Foursquare to list the locations that can be added to photos. Your clients can now monitor the presence of these locations. At this time, we do not support Instagram profile pages being added to the Listings tab.
How do I add an Instagram location?
To add an Instagram listing in Reputation Management, you must first authenticate your Instagram account:
- Log into Reputation Management.
- Scroll down until you find Instagram under the Social Sites heading.
- Click view possible matches.
- Click Connect Account.
- A separate window to login to Instagram will appear. Enter your Username and Password, then click Log In.
- Click Authorize.
Provided an Instagram location currently exists for the business, our system should pull in this listing automatically within 24 hours.
How do I create an Instagram location?
If your location doesn’t currently exist:
- Set up a Business Page on Facebook, create a new location on Facebook, or create a new place on Foursquare.
- The location should now be searchable by Instagram users. Post a photo to Instagram and tag your new location. If you are not seeing the location appear try posting the photo/tagging the location in Facebook first.
- Reputation Management will now be able to find the location on its next scheduled search.
**At this time, you cannot manually enter a location URL.
How do I edit an Instagram location?
For clients with a Business Page:
- Log into the personal Facebook account that manages your business' Facebook page.
- From the down arrow in the top right corner, select the Business Page you would like to edit.
- On the Business page, click the About button.
- Go to the Page Info tab.
- Hover over any field to select the edit button.
- Once you've made the changes, click Save Changes.
For clients without a Business Page:
- Log into Facebook on your smartphone.
- Click Check In.
- Select the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Click Suggest Edits. You can suggest information that might be missing, like a category or address. If many people make the same suggestion, the suggestion may be added to the Page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.