The speed that your website loads is absolutely crucial. There are a variety of factors that affect this performance.
Using PageSpeed Insights, we assess whether your website meets Google’s expectations for page speed. We then display three recommendations:
- Should Fix: Rules that failed PageSpeed Insights’ tests. You should fix these immediately.
- Consider Fixing: Rules that passed PageSpeed Insights’ tests, but could use improvement. You might consider fixing these issues, but they’re not necessarily critical.
- Passed Rules: Rules that passed PageSpeed Insights’ tests.
What metrics does Snapshot Report assess?
The Snapshot Report assesses 10 speed metrics in total:
- Leverage browser caching: When the response from your server does not include caching headers or if the resources are specified to be cached for only a short time.
- Optimize images: When the images on the page can be optimized to reduce their file size without significantly impacting their visual quality.
- Minify HTML: When the size of one of your resources could be reduced through minification.
- Enable compression: When compressible resources were served without gzip compression.
- Minify CSS: When the size of CSS could be reduced through minification.
- Reduce server response time: When your server response time is above 200 ms.
- Avoid landing page redirects: When you have more than one redirect from the given URL to the final landing page.
- Prioritize visible content: When additional network round trips are required to render the above the fold content of the page.
How do I access the full report?
Within the website section, just below the Core Web Vital metrics, you'll find separate reports for both mobile and desktop. These reports are a breakdown of all the rules that either pass or require fixing.
To expand the report, click the arrow located on the far right of each bar. This will allow you to see each rule that the website passes or fails. You can also dive deeper into each rule by clicking the + located next to each rule.
This allows you to provide your clients with a full report showing exactly what they can improve with their website.
NOTE: If you've customized Snapshot Report to show only desktop or mobile metrics, you'll only be able to access that specific report.
Does this section include any additional metrics?
The report also assesses seven design metrics:
- Address on homepage
- Phone # on homepage
- Homepage Size
- Video on homepage
- Facebook on homepage
- Twitter on homepage
- Instagram on homepage
To learn more about PageSpeed Insights, check out Google’s FAQ.