Before a Social Marketing user is able to post to social media profiles, respond to lead searches, and respond to customers, you must first authenticate their social media profiles.
NOTE: Before connecting your clients social account, Ensure you log out of your personal account, and log in with whatever account has management permissions (either an Admin or Editor) for the page you are wanting to connect. OR use a private browsing session ( such as Chrome Incognito, or Firefox 'New Private Window')
- From Social Marketing, select Manage Social Accounts from the Overview tab
Connecting Facebook Pages
- To connect a Facebook page to the account, click Connect Facebook
- If you are currently not logged in to Facebook, you will be taken to the Facebook login screen. Once you have entered credentials that have Facebook page administrator permissions, you will be redirected back to the Add Facebook Pages screen.
- You will then need to validate the Facebook account (or accounts) that you would like to connect by checking off each desired account. Choose the Add button once you have made your selections.
- Once you click Add, you will be redirected back to the Settings page and your connected account(s) will look like this:
Connecting Twitter Accounts
- Select Connect Twitter
- Sign into the Twitter account which you’d like to connect to Social Marketing and authorize the application. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can select the Sign up for Twitter option and connect it to the Social Marketing account.
- Once connected, your account will look like this within the Settings page:
Connecting a Google+ Account
- Select Connect Google+
- Then login to your Google+ account.
- Once logged in, you will be directed to an authorization screen. Click Accept.
- Once you have chosen to accept, you will be brought back to the product to select the available Google+ accounts.
- Once your account is connected, it should look like this:
- If you are having issues authenticating your Google account, see this article for information on a common issue.
Connecting a Personal LinkedIn Account
- Select Connect LinkedIn
- You will then be asked to sign into your personal LinkedIn account so that Social Marketing can access to your account. Enter your credentials and select Allow Access. If you do not have a LinkedIn account, first visit www.linkedin.com to create an account.
- Once access has been granted, and the account connection is made, it should look like this: