The "BIY" or "Buy-it-Yourself" process of selling products and services refers to clients purchasing and activating products on their own. See how it works.
While it may be a fast method to encourage customers to purchase their own products and services, some Partners may find it unsuitable. This is because when a Sales Order is initiated by a client and has a successful retail payment event, the platform is notified by Stripe and begins the auto-activation process for the products to enable the BIY experience. If the wholesale payment method lacks enough funds at that particular moment, the retail order will eventually fail. It is important to keep in mind that products and services that are offered for free are not part of the BIY experience.
If the above process doesn't align with how you prefer to present your products and services, we offer an alternative option for users to create a Build-It-Yourself experience. Below are the steps for the workaround
1) Please head over to Partner Center → Administration tab → Customize → Sales dropdown and “Configure Orders and Sales Processes” → scroll to the section you can add Default Content >“Custom fields” to Orders. (Note - If you have more than one market assigned to your account, you can choose the one you want. Feel free to make your selection prior to this step. More about Markets)
2) This is where Partners can create Order Form questions that need to be filled out before orders can go through. These are included in the “Administrative Questions” section of the Order Form, but there is a way to hide them from the Clients - Partners can mark the questions as "required" and “hidden from end users” so only partner users would see them (screenshot below).
3) This way, when a Client in the Business App clicks “Buy” and enters their credit card to purchase, the Sales Order created will immediately go into “Awaiting Partner Approval” status due to that order form question being required.
4) It could be as simple as a checkbox saved as “this order is approved” to give the Partners time to do whatever they need with the order.
5) When the partner is ready, they can fill that field in and click to “Approve” the order, and it will immediately go into an “Awaiting payment” status and charge the client, then auto-activate.