Most automations are triggered automatically as soon as an event happens. However, you may want to create a workflow that only runs when you want it to. In this case, you can set up a manual automation.
This process involves 2 steps: Setting up the automation, and starting the automation for an account.
1. Set up the automation
To set up a manual automation:
- Go to Partner Center > Automations
- Click Create automation.
- Choose the It's triggered manually trigger.
- If salespeople should be able to start the automation, select Allow salespeople to run this automation. Then click Save.
- Add the remaining workflow steps.
- In the Settings tab > Entry settings, select Every time. This allows your automation to run multiple times for the same account, when prompted.
- Turn on the automation.
2. Start the automation
Once the automation is turned on, you can start it from an account details page. To do this:
- Go to Partner Center > Businesses > Accounts. Select the account you want to start the automation for.
- In the Automations section, click Start automation.
- Select the automation.
- Click Start.